homestead - Re: [Homestead] lost cultures, was SE PA

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] lost cultures, was SE PA
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:34:17 -0800 (PST)

I remember some of my older relatives being asked about the old days. Their
use response was simply that "times were hard". I don't think most of my
rural relatives are anxious to work in the dirt any more than is necessary.

They like the hunting and fishing, not a lot of the other stuff. They
probably buy as big a percentage of their produce and meat from the market as
I do. I guess a lot has to do with attitude, I don't know......bobford