homestead - Re: [Homestead] lost cultures, was SE PA

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] lost cultures, was SE PA
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:13:24 -0800 (PST)

Well, now that Lynn has explained just how easy it is to raise cattle, I
might become just like her. I thought before that the size of cattle would
make them too difficult with which to work, and cost a lot more to feed. Now,
I might buy me a 12 gallon stetson, and pick up $300 worth of $10 calves.
Easy money.

Seriously though, I am very different, in more ways than you can imagine,
than most of my relatives. Some of that says something good about me; some
does not. In some repects, I am not as good as my parents or my brothers.
Outisde of my immediate family, I barely even know the rest anymore .But, I
would not live life the way they do, that is why I left home decades ago, and
have only been back to visit. ....bobford