homestead - Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cash smartcardsfortransporta...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cash smartcardsfortransporta...
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:54:59 -0800

Not quite, Bob. Vets who are enrolled in federal programs have to enroll you. There are still independent vets. Vet licenses are state issues, not federally. The bottomline with those vets that do it is $$. We have a couple of local vets that routinely thumb their noses at the feds and take no federal money.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

James, I never mind your pontificating as long as you don't call me stupid in the process <g>. And, I do occasionally learn. I see your overall point. Kind of like Bernard-Shaw - saying 'those who can , do; and, those who can't , teach'. I still think the do'ers can be effective teacherrs. Even though you are largely preaching to the crowd on this list, you wouldn't be wasting your time if you didn't think someone was learning something.

One thing about your point that no-one can know whats going on on your farm. That new NAIS memo to Veternarians is federal. If a vet comes on your property , he can , and is required, to enroll you in NAIS, your permission is not necessary.

Once enrolled, you have basically given up your fourth ammendment rights. They can come on your property anytime under the pretense of needing to look at your animals. That NAIS memo is brand new; you should look into it; I think I klnow you well enough that you are probably friends with your vet, and can work around, still, privacy concerns can reach to farm.

One last point. Regardless of where or how a person chooses to live, they shouldn't be required to transfer everything into hidden hard goods just to affect a realization of basic privacy ..........bobford