homestead - Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet was Fennel

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Vegetarian diet was Fennel
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:13:26 -0500

I find myself often eating vegetarian without thinking about it. I
can't go too long without meat, but like right now, let's see, I had
eggs and grits for breakfast yesterday, Refried beans and tortillas for
dinner, along with some corn and squash. This morning, I ate leftover
pasta with butter, and a few minutes ago, I smeared some guacamole on a
tortilla for a snack. Where's the meat? I wasn't trying not to eat it,
it just happened that way. But tonight, I'm making a very nice pork
loin in adobo. MMMM.
I've resisted a lot of vegetarian foods based on the soy thing.
Depending on who you talk to, soy is either a wonder food or the manna
of hell. Eating a lot of it doesn't make much sense. I'm glad you have
cut back and that your fibrocystic disease has disappeared.

Bev

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:

One of the best things about Quorn is it is not a soy product.
Although some soy can be good for you, too much can be bad for you. I
think I have mentioned on the list before that I was able to shrink a
large fibercystic breast tumor in six months dumping all soy out of
my diet to where it did not require surgery. Recently I started avoiding soy again and notice an increase in my energy level and less
headaches. I have a sneaking suspicion I have become allergic to soy
from so many years of eating it.

--S

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda