homestead - Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cash smart cardsfortransporta...

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cash smart cardsfortransporta...
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:53:56 -0800 (PST)

James, I never mind your pontificating as long as you don't call me stupid in
the process <g>. And, I do occasionally learn. I see your overall point.
Kind of like Bernard-Shaw - saying 'those who can , do; and, those who can't
, teach'. I still think the do'ers can be effective teacherrs. Even though
you are largely preaching to the crowd on this list, you wouldn't be wasting
your time if you didn't think someone was learning something.

One thing about your point that no-one can know whats going on on your farm.
That new NAIS memo to Veternarians is federal. If a vet comes on your
property , he can , and is required, to enroll you in NAIS, your permission
is not necessary.

Once enrolled, you have basically given up your fourth ammendment rights.
They can come on your property anytime under the pretense of needing to look
at your animals. That NAIS memo is brand new; you should look into it; I
think I klnow you well enough that you are probably friends with your vet,
and can work around, still, privacy concerns can reach to farm.

One last point. Regardless of where or how a person chooses to live, they
shouldn't be required to transfer everything into hidden hard goods just to
affect a realization of basic privacy ..........bobford