homestead - Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cashsmartcardsfortransportation

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SE PA going to identifiable non-cashsmartcardsfortransportation
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:43:12 -0500

I'm a failure, too, Lynn. You are not alone.

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Most people will never do it. It's a lot of work to buck the system. It requires turning your back on everything you were taught. All the things society says you 'need'....big house, new car, fancy vacation, cell phone (I guess Blackberry, today), health insurance, 401K, etc.

My parents considered me a failure (my mother still does)...umpteen degrees that I'm not using, not staying in the city where I could make money, choosing to live poor and get tired and dirty
--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda