homestead - Re: [Homestead] was SE PA, Now B*g Br*ther

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was SE PA, Now B*g Br*ther
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:49:58 -0800 (PST)

Why don't you raise turkeys? I have heard that domestic turkeys are stupid;
that they sometimes forget to pull their head out of the water while
drinkling , and consequently, drown.

Wild turkeys are 'not' stupid. Much more difficult to hunt than deer or
most other animals. I like turkey , once a year, at Thanksgiving. I buy
several for the st. mary's food bank and try to get about a 10 - 12 pound one
for me and the wife -- they are cheap at thanksgiving . More than that, I
get sick of turkey .............bobford

p.s. So, no "kooks" have knocked on the door, huh? be careful , one summer
day , the wife and I could pass thru PA :-)