homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering

  • From: Rebecca Lewinski <rebas_own AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun Sales Staggering
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:28:30 -0800

Thanks everyone for the tips! It's the spouse's old 22 for me, then, and
some earmuffs if possible. Our shotgun is a 12 gauge, and after reading all
your shotgun stories, I decided I have enough back problems.
Now to get brave and contact the sportsmen's club/firing range on the edge of
town. My younger child (14) may be going to class with me, if spouse can get
used to the idea of his daughter firing off a weapon. She told me today
that she's gotten very curious about hunting--seems one of her best
girlfriends goes deer and elkhunting every year, and a number of her boy-buds
go out regularly. I asked her if she was going to have a problem with
killing an animal. Her response was, "you HAVE to eat, you know." Seems to
be the right attitude.

-Rebecca in the great Northwest