homestead - Re: [Homestead] Serious issues

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Serious issues
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:16:59 -0500

Nobody asked me, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. I left this
list in the 90s because of a week or so blow up (Clinton?). I joined
some other lists, but I came back to this list once I seriously
started homesteading. There is some great information here
collectively but you have to ask.

I'm still on one homestead list that is a fine list, religion,
politics and off color language are banned. That's really made it a
boring list. It incents the threads turning to homestead jibberish.
Things like, "My cat died" or "My garden has weeds" turn to an
unending stream of posts. The list has ended up with a bunch of people
that moved to the edge of the suburbs and started a little garden.

Talking homesteading can get boring if that is what you do all day and
it's nice to see what other homesteaders are thinking. On the other
hand, if you have a homesteading challenge or need ideas, this is the
place to ask. All the people that you've been matching wits with over
political issues will jump on in and lend you a hand.

This is more a list for homesteaders than one about homesteaders. If
you need the lovey dovey, all things beautiful, bless you, we will
never disagree sort of list, this is probably not the right place.

Rob - Va

\