homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 13:11:58 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I know nothing about guns, but what I saw on the news said that the
biggest demand was for guns like AK47s. Isn't that an assault rifle?
Do guns like that have a legitimate use?

When I hear things like that, I would question the source's reason for
airing it. That particular gun, and Uzies, are well known models that
even people who aren't gun aficianados know...so they can be used in
fearmongering to try to brainwash the population against assault
weapons. I know very little about guns, but I think the AK47 is very
similar to the weapon I use most, my Ruger .223 rifle. I use it for
all kinds of stuff, from deer hunting to putting down sheep. Single use
items, whether guns or something else, generally have less demand than
items that can be used for multiple purposes. If the AK47 is like my
.223, it would have plenty of legitimate uses.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda