homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun sales staggering
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:38:36 -0800

I have small hands and carpel tunnel. Wrecks havoc with playing the piano/keyboard and the guitars. So, I generally stick with the dulcimer and violin. AND it effects comfort use in guns.

So, for a personal gun, I have a long barrel 22 target pistol. Holds 15 rounds and I use longs. I am dead on accurate at 150'. It has a small grip, it is light weight. I like it.

I've used all the rest and we currently have a 3030 and a 30-06. Need a shotgun. I used to have an old officer's pistol (45) from WWII that someone gave me. Blued steel. Nice gun but had a heck of a kick and I used it with one hand on top of the other. Still accurate but a PITA. Not something you just grab and use. For defense, you need something you are comfortable with as a "grab and use." Not something where you have to think about it, set yourself up, etc.

You've nailed it! Trying lots of different guns, education and practice are the key!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Get a friend to take you shooting, try differnt size, style revolvers and pistols. Try a couple of shotguns. Comfort in using the weapon is important. If you didn't grow up shooting shotguns, and you are of small frame, a typical 12 gauge with a 30" barrel might not fit. A small revolver or pistol, like a .38 or a .380 might be easier to handle than a .45. You need to see what fits best for you.....bobford