homestead - [Homestead] What blacks should expect from Obama

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] What blacks should expect from Obama
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:25:53 -0600

http://tinyurl.com/654ytm or

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/07/AR2008110702894_pf.html

The URL is to an op ed in the Washington Post addressed to what blacks
should expect under Obama.

Here are the first couple of paragraphs:

"African Americans have just entered the no-excuses zone.

"We finally have one of our own in the White House. With Barack
Obama's ascension to the highest office in the United States, most
African Americans feel that we have arrived as fully equal citizens.
But we need to recognize that with Obama's victory come challenges --
and that many of those challenges will be put to the black community
itself."

We shall see how it goes.

Marie