homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:55:55 -0800

Well, I can tell you that about 99.9% of The People "get" Indian humor and they don't even have to be from the same tribes. And, yes, there is "Indian time," and y'all just need to get over it <g> And we have our own universal language that folks that haven't been assimilated into white society understand. I can travel all over the U.S. and stop at most any rez and we'll be able to communicate with little or no commonality other than ethnicity. And I don't mean talk, I mean communicate.

So, does that make me a racist? Can I be a racist if I'm talking about my "us"? Hmmmm, I'll have to contemplate this.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

All "black people" are not the same. Period, full stop.

No need to be racist about it. All people are not the same. It is utterly
naive to think that a person's race, religion, age, and culture do not have a
lot to do with how they think and act. If you come to a place with a strong
culture, you had better be prepared for most people to deal alike with some
issues and act alike on some things.

Taking a Soylent Green approach ("It's PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE!") is not a
substitute for actual observation and experience.

That's what made me opine that I very much seriously doubt your wider
exposure to different cultures. If had such exposure, you would see that it is
counter-producitve to set aside reality for political correctness. You can always
find exceptions, but defined groups of people often act relilably in
predictable ways ... period, full stop.