homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wild water

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wild water
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:38:56 -0800

At 11/6/2008 08:03 PM,Roy Morgan wrote:

On Nov 6, 2008, at 11:22 AM, <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

> I would've like to have met the people involved in making
> the well. Don't you know someone with good diviner's
> ability figured that placement out. ... This is a skill I'd
> love to learn.

Sage,

Maybe divining is not a skill you learn, but rather one that you
uncover and practice. Same as what you meant maybe. I have a sense
that divining is something you either can do (most of us maybe) or
can't do (those few with a truly unbelieving attitude included.)

There is a book written a long time ago that tells a lot about it.
"divining for everyone" or some such innocent title. The author takes
the position that most folks can do it.

Roy

Get a metal coat hanger and cut the hook part off. Cut it in half & make 2 "L" shaped pieces. Hold a short end in each fist with the long end pointing forward and go walk around, see if they move. It's very odd when they do. I put my well where they moved the 'fastest' and that turned out to be a really good spot <shrug>.
I tried it with 4 of my kids, it worked with 3 of them.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA