homestead - Re: [Homestead] What we know about a candidate

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What we know about a candidate
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:24:50 -0500

It's pretty ugly. I don't think they do want her, in fact, I think the reason independents didn't like her wasn't because of the various scandals, I think it was her religious conviction. I think you will see the Republican party put some distance between itself and the so called Religious Right. Another this is to go ahead and get this out in the open, hash and rehash it, ad nauseum, and then 4 or 8 years from now, it won't be much of a big deal to people. I don't know which way it will go.

I think what we have seen in this election cycle is the first stages of party evolution into 21st century politics. As the Republicans moved to the Religious Right, the Democrats have counterbalanced by moving to the Radical Left. The country as a whole used to be center right, but now, I think they are center left or maybe just left. To support that thought, just look at the red/blue map over the years and the beliefs of those in party leadership.

I'm getting ahead of myself..

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
I saw that video earlier...wow...Fox and the Republicans are really trying to sink Palin. You'd think if they wanted her to participate in the party in the future, they wouldn't be saying things like that about her.

Lynn Wigglesworth

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>