homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:51:02 -0500

Must be nice. Perhaps that,too, is a reflection of the composition of the population. In my state, the home of civil rights, it is THE thing to discuss.

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Our nearest TV station is in Elmira, NY (one of the small cities I mentioned, about 50 miles away). The others are Binghamton NY or Scranton, PA, both far away. There has been almost no coverage locally of the presidential campaign, and that surprised me. The local campaigns were covered ad nauseum (especially NY, which I don't care about since I'm in PA). I watch the 'local' (Elmira NY) news every night, and there hasn't been much said about the national election or any local reaction to it. It's kind of a non-issue here.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA