homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wild water

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wild water
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:02:49 -0700

On Nov 5, 2008, at 2:53 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

Bob, if you paged through the article and saw the
underground water chambers on the following three pages,
this is more of what I have starting at 40 feet below the
surface where the pioneers dug through rock to get to it.
The opening and shaft all the way down is about the length
and width it would take a man to swing a pick axe, so
rectangular, maybe 4' x 5' or so.

I don't have an above ground natural well like this one, I
have something that's tapped into the watery cave below,
and the 40 feet down to it is air space.

I would find irresistible the closing of the downstream edge of that stream, to see if it would rise to the surface.