homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wild water

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wild water
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:44:46 -0600

The well is about six paces north from my kitchen door (and the infamous shell of the ancient septic tank one pace out the same door). There's a "mountain" to the east and the land slopes from the mountain to the river to the west. Looking into the well, the cavern is on all four sides and doesn't appear to have a downhill side, but the water flows east to west (although the river itself flows north to south).

It would be interesting to see if I could have artesian flow into the house instead of gravity, or electricity. What about a pipe with metal "wings" or a scoop like appendage at the bottom that could direct the flow into the pipe?

An old timer one canyon and river over told me there was such a cabin in the woods.

--Sage

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:02:49 -0700