homestead - Re: [Homestead] Home brew book

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Home brew book
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:07:54 -0700

On Nov 5, 2008, at 1:47 PM, bob ford wrote:

How come a regular filter and a bit of bleach, combined, wouldn't work? I remeber you discussing this before on this & farmer's list and I went to some of the filter sites, it is very confusing ....bobford

Some of us don't care to ingest chlorine.

Bleach water is used as a final rinse for glasses in bars. I learned this when I worked as a cook and bartender at Shakey's Pizza Parlor in Concord, California about a hundred years ago. I have always, always, instructed servers in bars and restaurants that I want the same glass back. It's bad enough having one's beer flavored with bleach the first glassful.