homestead - Re: [Homestead] Additional Rice Information

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Additional Rice Information
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:22:33 -0600

Every rice cooked the wrong way in my house can come out sticky. I have the pans to prove it! But thanks for enlightening me. I like Arborio rice in Italian food, but don't eat sushi because of my allergy to fish and shellfish. I had no idea they were similar rices, so might reconsider. I just remember buying what I thought was wild rice once in an Asian market, cooking it up for pilaf and finding out it was sweet, and I didn't want to pour dinner on top of desert.

--Sage

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 02:16:31 -0500