homestead - Re: [Homestead] thermal shutters and shades

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] thermal shutters and shades
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:01:48 -0800

They make old table cloth material that is "oil cloth" on one side and
flannel like stuff on the other. You can buy it at any fabric store and it will suit your purpose. While aluminum foil will reflect heat off and reduce how hot a house would get in the summer, it will not keep heat in by any great degree.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "keith bellinger" <bartermn AT epix.net>

So, I'll go back to my book now but suspect that if I glue aluminum foil
to the backs of my maps they will reduce heat loss by about fifty
percent (if sealed well at all edges of course). There must be a modern
film that I can buy instead that's easier to apply and probably more
efficient. My book is outdated in that respect.

I could probably sell the maps and use the money to buy something more
modern I suppose but would it have the inset drawing of the Virginia
Campaigns with a scale of 13 miles to an inch?

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net