homestead - Re: [Homestead] window quilts

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] window quilts
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:55:49 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
Another design item: if they fit really snug they are tricky to pull out. You can create a protruding loop of packing tape to grab onto or you can slip in any piece of cloth, like a handkerchief, to grab and pull the panel out.

Ah, good idea. We have five windows, 3x4 foot each. I wonder if they sell those panels in 12 foot lengths. I just used some half-inch thick panels yesterday that were given to me a dozen or so years ago. There were a couple two-inchers in the stack (had to move about fifty old window frames and a stack of used vinyl siding to get to it) that I took down to Mom's last week when we winterized her trailer. I'd like the thicker stuff for my windows but that stuff was expensive new and I haven't priced it lately. But it's on my list...

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net