homestead - Re: [Homestead] I know I can't be a Yankee..

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I know I can't be a Yankee..
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:49:49 -0700

On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:20 PM, keith bellinger wrote:

I have a book in one of the dozen unpacked boxes in my office, about how
to make window quilts and such. Until I dig it out, got any pointers?

Cut Celotex or similar to fit your windows, if you want pretty, cover with cloth to match something in the room. That's what we have in the Heartwood bedroom and it works beautifully. Chris had material left over from the bedspread, so that's what is on the windows. Make them snug. The cloth seals the edges.