homestead - Re: [Homestead] I know I can't be a Yankee..

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I know I can't be a Yankee..
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:20:26 -0700

On Oct 28, 2008, at 8:11 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

Oh, it's awful. About ten feet each winter. Starts about now and stays
on the ground until May.

Fergit it, you aren't keeping the pilgrims out that way.

Did I mention the ticks and chiggers and no-see-ums and mosquitoes and copperheads and rattlers and biting spiders and ferocious wasps and of course a hundred and one percent humidity from May through September that wilts you like a dead weed?

If it wasn't for the charmers on this list for entertainment and barrels of beer for brain and pain numbing, I just couldn't take it.