homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bread oven

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bread oven
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:04:25 -0700

I've see the rectangular 'baking stones' at one of the local kitchen stores.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net

At 10/27/2008 10:15 AM,Lynda wrote:
I don't know where my d-i-l got the rectangular stone she gave me but it's
been fired up to 500 degrees with no problem. The two round ones, which
have also been fired up to 500 degrees, are both cheapy K-Mart stones but
they sure do make a marvelous round loaf using Rob's recipe, Russian potato
bread and foccacia. Well, and of course, yummy pizza using either Noni's
(Tuscany) or DH's (his grandmother from Naples) recipe.

Lynda