homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bread oven

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bread oven
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:16:06 -0800

For whatever reason, his blog won't load the pictures. Having lived in Baja, I was hoping to see some pictures from there. Phooey!

His comments on Palin were, well, just comments. No great philosophical statements but I wouldn't expect them from someone who finds Bill Maher with a panel consisting of such "great thinkers" as Alec Baldwin, Garry Shandling and Bob Woodward to be "riveting". But then again, I can't figure out why Amanpour would want to be on such a panel. As to riveting, I asked DH about it since he watches it all the time and seems to enjoy it. He said "the guests change but every shows the same," and that riveting is where you're on the edge of your chair and don't want to leave. "It's entertainment and comedy if you're into that sort of thing but not riveting."

I've got a bunch of old pictures of houses, barns and, yes, a couple of the old gas stations with the old tanks with the gas on top with the ball or whatever the heck it was. I've been meaning to get them scanned and put up on a page. I've also got some pictures of after storms and earthquake pictures that show how flexible some houses can be. I need a 48 hours day <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

I got myself immersed in Lloyd Kahn's blog and have found all sorts of gems.
I agree with his comments on Sarah Palin and religion. His pictures of the
barns of Indiana are well worth the trip. One of the things that I do but
rarely shows up on the journal is to take pictures of interesting old
buildings. I especially like abandoned gas stations from the thirties to
the fifties. This is a vanishing time of our history that maybe we should
have never left.

Then I found this link to a wood fired bread oven and thought of Gene.

http://www.tomifobia.com/bread_oven/oven.html

Don Bowen KI6DIU