homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bread oven

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bread oven
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:20:13 -0800

I've baked bread on the woodstove using my dutch oven. And, back in the day, my mom had some cookware called Diamond Craft which was cast aluminum. She baked on a regular stove and on the woodstove using the big Dutch oven and the HUGE frying pan.

I stick a trivet in the pan and set the bread pan on top. Never tried a stone in them because the stones are the wrong size.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <rayzentz AT aim.com>

This is more my wife's thing, but...

She has tried it.?? It works, but it's inconsistant.?? She wants to get a big Cast Iron pot, because it might hold the heat better.

I am going to make a "portable" brick oven, to use for camping events.''

Ray