homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:05:33 -0400

On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

How about this:

Get good tractor.
Plant and harvest grain.
Make good moonshine.

All is well.

No, not well.

Get MULE.
Plant and harvest grain.
Make 'shine.

NOW, all is well.

Oh good. Glad to be set straight on this.

My only experience with mules was meeting the 5 over the fence at a neighbors place who were retired from the C & O canal near Washington DC. They had retired from service with the National Park Service, and apparently came with a federal pension: $1 a year. I think they were fairly un mule-like - quite interested to see people and friendly.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.