homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:35:42 -0400

On Oct 27, 2008, at 7:32 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:...
Money to buy parts for the tractor....
Money to buy whiskey to put up with buying parts and kits for the tractor.

I just unearthed a (unopened) fifth of Beefeaters, (for putting the yellow raisins into), and read the history on the label about the Beefeaters. Seems they were the British equivalent of the Samurai. Ran, and still run, the Tower of London.

Likely there's a similar story about the folks in Scotland and their Scotch Whiskey. I guess it's natural that elite warriors are strongly connected with strong drink.

How about this:

Get good tractor.
Plant and harvest grain.
Make good moonshine.

All is well.

Roy
Who needs a bushhog or sickle bar cutter for the '51 McCormick.

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.
Groton NY, 13073