homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:33:19 EDT

Hi, Bev - long time no...
Anyway - Try to find "The Little Colonel" series - the author's name escapes
me. But I can still smell the lilacs, and I still get a huge fragrant visual
every time I see the word 'magnolia'. It was written at a time during which
there was still reference to 'darkies', but it is a classic series, so you
might want to be present to temper the reading of it to our (hopefully) more
enlightened times.
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 10/26/2008 12:45:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,