homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insulation, homemade

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insulation, homemade
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:57:15 -0400

On Oct 27, 2008, at 3:09 PM, roxann wrote:

If a person had access to milkweed fluff, that is supposed to be a really excellent insulator,

Roxanne,

I can tell you that a gone-to-weed hay field around here will have LOTS of milkweed. Our hay mowers found their one-year old John Deer tractor running hot - the cause was a milkweed fluff blanket over the front of the radiator. Once discovered, an occasional swipe with the hand kept it free.

We still have plenty of milkweed standing, so if you want some.. c'mon over!

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.