homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:51:41 -0500

What I have is a small device that plugs into a USB port (It looks
like a flash drive). I can plug it into any computer, and so long as I
install the software that comes with the device, I can get a fast
connection with any computer that's within range of an AT&T tower.
Basically it's a separate cell phone account, but still cheaper than
what I was paying for the wireless connection. In effect, it's as fast
as the T1 that I have at work (but the problem there is an in-house
server apparently on its last legs).

Marie