homestead - Re: [Homestead] Old books

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Old books
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:24:49 -0400

I have some old books that were my paternal Grandpa's and
Great-Grandfather's. They are all inscribed, most of the books were gifts
given to them with a short note from the giver (including my Grandma) with
the date. They are a treasure to me. I have a couple books dated in the
1890's and they are in surprisingly good condition, though most date in the
1910-30's.

These were items that no one else wanted when my Grandpa sold his farm
several years ago. I also have a few books that were my Dad's from grade
school, with his name written on the inside (his handwriting looks somewhat
similar to when he was a pre-teen).

Lisa