homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:21:17 -0600

I've gone through periods of thinking collecting books is folly. But when it comes down to it, I love ideas and keeping the books allows me to revisit ideas. I could more easily live without access to people than I could ideas.

I've often thought an aclove for books run around the entire house under the ceiling would be a handy way to store a large collection without having to dedicate a room to shelving a collection. You may have more books than me. If you are storing them in hopes of building a library in your remote house that's one thing, but I can't see paying to store anything long term. As it was in my last house I stored some valuable things in a barn due to lack of space and everything was eventually ruined by something. I would have been better off photographing them for memories and selling them to people who could enjoy and keep them properly.

--Sage

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:58:57 -0700 (PDT)