homestead - Re: [Homestead] traveling- homesteadless homesteaders

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] traveling- homesteadless homesteaders
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:27:27 EDT

I know it is a big problem for homesteaders to leave the place un-attended
for a period of time for a vacation, to visit family etc. We need a couple
homesteadless homesteaders, that could rotate dropping in for a few weeks
with
different homesteaders. Help out with the 2 person jobs for a bit and watch
things while the homesteader visits family or vacations. Would be a nice way
for
someone to see the country too.

Drew

In a message dated 10/26/2008 12:13:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

On Oct 26, 2008, at 8:56 AM, Rob wrote:

> A trip to Missouri would be good, and planing a trip is always fun
> (plans are fun and can easily be changed or abandoned as needed). You
> out there Gene? Anytime better than others for visitors?

Due to limited beds the best time for a group is when the weather is
good for camping. Besides the beauty of spring my favorite time is
October, when the nights are crisp, the days are sheetsleeve, the bugs
are diminished, and the fall colors inspire smiles.