homestead - Re: [Homestead] Old books

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Old books
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:23:13 -0700 (PDT)

You can find first printings of Geisel's Dr. Suess stories in women's
magazines. the first edition books , fine with fine dj are desirable.

I like 19th century oversized art books with chromo plates or early volumes
with hand-painted plates. I bought a volume off ebay a few years ago from a
guy in spain, early 19th century, about 40 handpainted plates (nudes), not
very well done, either. I paid him $70.

I showed it to another collector , here in town, the week I bought it. She
oohed and ahhed asked me howw much. 'told her I just got it, and didn't want
to sell it. She went home with it, and I blew the $1500 on
something.....bobf