homestead - Re: [Homestead] was music, now farming, agricultural, other misc.

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was music, now farming, agricultural, other misc.
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:16:05 EDT

> > It can't be that easy though (I'm not referring to ease of work). If
> > it were, why are so many people working themselves to the bone
> > physically, and mentally, to make money to provide food and shelter.

Why did people remain slaves when they outnumbered their masters many to one?
It's conditioning. People are indoctrinated from a very young age that life
consists of leaving your digs and going to some place foreign to you and
spending the productive part of your day and of your life doing work that
primarily benefits someone else.

They are likewise indoctrinated to believe that any sort of this work done
directly for themselves is odius, tedious, stoop and backbreaking, beneath
them,
and at the same time beyond their means and capacity.

Make no mistake, though. It IS work. It is NOT for the Homo Sapien Modernus
who deems himself evolved beyond physical exertion, or else deteriorated
beyond it. It is for those who thrill and revel in pitting themselves
against the
challenge of not only survival but thriving.

And as Bev has outlined, you don't just watlz onto a homestead one day and
take up animal husbandry. There are more ways to fail in every instance than
you have fingers and toes.

But can it be done? Yes, many of us are doing it. Many more people around
the world are doing it, and we stand on the shoulders of countless hundreds
of
millions who have done it. And as the oil economy winds down, we are also
the
paradigm of the future.