homestead - Re: [Homestead] Zephod Obamabrox for President!

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Zephod Obamabrox for President!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:40:08 EDT

> >How's that for creating something on the spot?

A friend of mine, male, was bemoaning that as a contract worker, they might
as well have tatooed a barcode on his forehead to make it all that much
easier
to scan him in and out of a job.

Several commentators are talking now (now that Obama's presidency is being
assumed as fact [and not without cause]) how the next big industry will be
temp
services since no one will want to have have emplyees under Obama's proposals.

So, Bev, has this experience broken you from placing yourself on the flesh
market auctioning block? I know for a fact, from having witnessed it, that
the
objections you raise are real and occur with great fluency and regularity.
But now of days the results aren't all that different for men either, the
reason
might be different, but the results aren't.

Someone recently asked me when was the last time I had a salaried (or wage)
job. I had to think a bit, but it was 1987. Finally at one point I had to
say, By God, never again! And so it has been.

James