homestead - Re: [Homestead] Zephod Obamabrox for President!

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Zephod Obamabrox for President!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:23:55 EDT

> >If you think things aren't different for men, I have to ask you
> this...when was the last time your boss came up to you and played with
> your hair, or your shirt?

Me personally? Bev, you've seen a picture of me. If I was any uglier I'd
have to be two people! But, yes, it does happen to men too.

Remember I said the results are the same, just not the cause. Many men have
been rooted out of jobs because there was someone else wanting the job much
less qualified but encournaged the playing with the hair and shirt.

> >The world is a bit different now, James.

How would that be? Sexual harrassment is only one of the troubles one
encounters when selling themselves in the slave pits. The thing that hasn't
changed
is that if you commit a part of your life to a job, you place yourself at the
disposal and whim of somene whose motivations and agenda you do not control
and have no input nor privy to.

How has that changed?