homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:16:35 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Oct 16, 2008, at 8:53 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Shhh...don't tell Uncle Gene..he thinks there's a revolution going on...;)

And have you also noticed that not one person has asked me what kind of revolution I am referring to? Of course not, everyone here is certain they know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. We are collectively the best entertainment I know. Someone should make a sitcom of us. The Magnificent Homesteaders Show, where bigwigs ask our advice on all important issues. Between us, we know everything about everything. Gotta love the chutzpah.

I love ya, Gene, and I would normally agree, but tonight, watching the candidates become standup comedians at the Alfred E. Smith Charity Dinner...OMG, McCain had me laughing until I cried. If he wants to win, he has got to let his sense of humor win people over. Obama was pretty funny, too, poking fun at himself,,,saying that he wasn't born in a manger...lol...son of Jor El...his fault being that he was too awesome...middle name came from someone who never thought he'd run for President...it was just good stuff, too funny, and both guys and even Hillary, were all there, all having a good time at their own expense. And this is why America is still the greatest country on the planet. I know that is an unpopular thing to say, but I still love, and forgive, her for her transgressions. And this list, you all are truly Magnificent, sitcom arguements notwithstanding. While Tvo is missed, others have picked up the torch. I read one post last night from Tvo who touted James as the homesteader he'd be most like if he were younger. THAT, James, is one hell of a compliment. Seriously, look at us...I think every religion is represented, except maybe Islam...Muslims are lurking if they are here....Maybe Sasha is Muslim....remember Sasha?
This list has members from all over the world, from all ages, sexual orientations, races, beliefs, ethnic backgrounds, etc. etc.-it's a real melting pot, and yet, we all share this one idea that we should be living closer to land, that we should be more self sufficient. It really is amazing.
Ok, so I'll bite...tell us about the Revolution.
Bev