homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:01:49 -0400

That's a good idea...
Marinate it with soy and whatever seasonings..
Beat the crap out of it with a mallet. Saute some fresh spinach just
until it is wilted.(I guess you could use canned spinach) Add mushrooms
and onions if you want. Add a scrambled egg if you want. Add whatever
you think would be good. Then roll up the meat like a jelly roll,
toothpick it, put it in the oven to cook it, take it out, slice it into
serving size rolls, top it with a slice of provologne, a and
voila...yummy meal..
Makes me hungry thinking about it.

Bev

Lynda wrote:
Back in the day, a London Broil was a flank steak. Dozens of ways to
cook it.

Now you're just getting a slab of round steak with a fancy price tag,
generally speaking. Make stew, slice thin and make stir fry,
marinate and make jerky, beat the beejeebers out of it with a meat
tenderizing mallet until it is real thin and bread and have chicken
fry steak with gravy, cut into little tiny cubes and make some beef
and barley soup, semi-freeze it and slice it in half again, beat it
up with the meat tenderizing mallet, lay some stuffing on it, roll it
up, wrap with bacon, put in a roasting pan with a layer of onions
under it and slow roast.

Lynda ----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford"
<bobford79 AT yahoo.com> To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org> Sent:
Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:22 PM Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as
h*ll

Lynn (or anyone with a good answer). I'vwe laid out london broil
to cook tonight. My wife always cooks it on the grill, almost
rare, etc. I don't know any other way.

We don't really like london broil. It was on sale. LB is very dry
with little flavor. Is there another way to cook it that is fairly
simple, that will make it taste better? ...bobford

--- On Thu, 10/16/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>