homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 05:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

I don't understand what you are saying gene. A lot of people have capital
gains. I do practically every year. As bad as the market is, I will have
net capital gains to report this year.

You can only offset the gains with losses if you sell the losers and have
more sold losers than sold winners. You can not base you investmenbt
practices, solely based on tax consequences......bobford