homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:33:26 -0800

I seem to be the to call person for surveys and polls this year. I've had 7 polls call in the last month. The last gal was a statewide poll and she was real upset. Are you voting for Obama or McCain. "neither" So she repeated her question and I said to her "listen carefully, NEITHER." Oh, and then you could hear her flipping pages until she got to the one where all the "did the blah, blah, blah" change your mind? When I said, no, no and no again, it was like I said I was a serial killer or something.

Then she got to the California issues and boy was she upset when I said I wouldn't vote yes on the no gay marriage amendment. I asked her if she understood that it wouldn't make any difference. Did she really think that if the State Supreme Court overturned it once they wouldn't do it again? Sheesh, what a waste of money!

When she was all done with her questions, she made a very telling statement, "you know, you are messing up my numbers for today." <<bg>> Gotta love it.

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
snip<

By the way, I had a great fight on the phone last night with some one
from the Obama campaign. They assumed I'd be voting for Obama, since I'm
registered as a Democrat. They were flabbergasted that I don't vote
'party', but vote for the candidate I like best. They were even more
flabbergasted when I mentioned Ron Paul....wish I could have seen her face.

Lynn Wigglesworth