homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:14:47 -0400

bob ford wrote:
> thanks lynn. No, I didn't listen to the clip, I just read the article and
> was going by what the analysts on tv were saying. If I was incorrect, then
> I am happy.

Bob; you post a lot of things here and say that you are concerned about
them, but you don't seem to verify that they are true or a reasonable
interpretation of the facts. There are SO many distortions in the media.

I ALWAYS look at the original video or quote to see what the person
really said. Pick a story and read about it in several different
websites...Washington Post, CNN, Fox, NY Times, and Alternet, for
example. You can't even tell they are talking about the same incident or
sound bite. I form my own judgment by looking at the facts, and keep
track of the media that I feel distorts things. In this case, I watched
the same video as the NYPost, and I didn't see anything about "taking
the profits of small businesses". They completely made that up. It's
getting to be time to stop watching/reading the news until after the
election. It's only going to get worse.

By the way, I had a great fight on the phone last night with some one
from the Obama campaign. They assumed I'd be voting for Obama, since I'm
registered as a Democrat. They were flabbergasted that I don't vote
'party', but vote for the candidate I like best. They were even more
flabbergasted when I mentioned Ron Paul....wish I could have seen her face.

Lynn Wigglesworth

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/