homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:37:49 -0400

Bob; did you listen to the clip? It has absolutely nothing to do with
'taking the profits of small businesses'. He's talking about his planned
tax cuts for people making less than $250,000/year...nothing that he
hasn't been talking about for months. He says that if those people have
more money to spend, they can afford to hire people like Joe the
plumber, who he is talking to. That's what he meant by 'spread the
wealth around". Sort of a reverse 'trickle down' (which never did
trickle down to me). He also explains that as those businesses grow,
they won't pay capital gains tax, so can use that money to put back in
their business, possibly keeping MORE money than under the present system.

Lynn Wigglesworth