homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:40:00 -0400

If you are having capital gains every year, you need to find a new accountant. Seriously.
On Oct 16, 2008, at 8:26 AM, bob ford wrote:

I don't understand what you are saying gene. A lot of people have capital gains. I do practically every year. As bad as the market is, I will have net capital gains to report this year.

You can only offset the gains with losses if you sell the losers and have more sold losers than sold winners. You can not base you investmenbt practices, solely based on tax consequences......bobford