homestead - [Homestead] Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 04:28:52 -0700 (PDT)

I know little about vitamins. I take vitamins and supplememts as directed by
my PCP. I don't really know what foods have vitamin D. And , I don't have
small children.

Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged

CHICAGO (AP) — The country’s leading group of pediatricians is recommending
that children receive double the usually suggested amount of vitamin D
because of evidence that it might help prevent serious diseases.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/13/health/policy/13vitamind.html?em