homestead - Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McCain's planes (long)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:42:38 -0500

On Oct 9, 2008, at 12:36 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

The Forrestal incident was not his fault. He just happened to be
sitting in the plane at the time of the incident and was lucky to escape
death. I swear the guy has 9 lives.

His behavior at that event was the negative. He ended up sitting in a safe place while others risked their lives to save the ship and their comrades.

The man certainly has flaws, but I believe the John McCain of
today is a decent guy. He should have been nominated in 2000 instead of
Bush, but he wasn't Republican enough. I think he would have been a
good president 8 years ago, certainly better than Bush, but I think he
is too old now. McCain certainly would not have sat in a room of
schoolkids while the WTC burned. I think his country first motto is his
personal motto of redemption, not just his campaign motto. It is a
personal reminder to him that he spent the first part of his life
putting himself first, and now, it should be country first. Will he
manage to do that all the time? Of course not. He is a politician, and
politicians are slippery and waffley. I do think he is trying, however.

Bev, I applaud you for taking the time to do the research and thinking. I wish all voters would do as much.

As for McCain, he is a modern tragedy. He once held himself to high ideals and a strong sense of honor. The dirt done to him in South Carolina ruined his chance to be president. Today he is frustrated and angry and vacillates between doing what he thinks is right and doing what Rove's disciples tell him is necessary. The vacillation does not serve him well.