homestead - Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:07:12 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:

> I think he says Obama is a herald for the Messiah, but regardless of
> what he calls him, I think it is clear that the Nation of Islam is 100%
> behind Obama, and I think the Islamic world as a whole is behind Obama.

I don't see that as a problem. If someone of Japanese decent was
running, Japan would be cheering him on. JFK had a nice speech about
religion and the presidency (it was a Big Deal that he was
Catholic...people said he'd take orders from the Pope if he was made
president):
http://www.quotedb.com/speeches/greater-houston-ministerial-association

> Personally, I don't trust the media anymore, especially when it comes to
> revealing the hard truth about Democrats. The whole Edwards affair, pun
> intended, was the last straw for me, and I don't think I am alone.

I don't trust them, either. I try to read both the far left and far
right, and assume the truth is somewhere in the middle. I check
factcheck.org often; they seem to be fairly unbiased. I'm wondering what
about the coverage of the Edwards affair you didn't like? Is it that it
had to be beaten to death in a scandal rag before any mainstream press
picked it up?

Lynn Wigglesworth