homestead - Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What else can you do but laugh?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:00:06 -0400

Lynda wrote:
I don't give a dead rat's patooty about any affairs. And all the fuss we seem to make about it make us a bit of a joke in other countries.

That is beside the point. The point is that the media knew about it for TWO FREAKING YEARS and sat on the story so as not to disrupt his political campaign. You may not care, but a lot of people do care about such things.

What bugs the heck out of me is the stuff about Barney Fife, oh, excuse me, Franks and his boyfriend and Dodds and Kerry and Teflon and all the rest of them that had links to Fanny Mae/Freddy Mac, who got preferential loans, who got campaign money, or who were in some way or fashion responsible for the F/F mess.

This is just one more mess that goes back to Carter, that Bushy Sr. gave a boot up to, that Clinton signed on the dotted line for and Dumbya was clueless about!

And do you see Charlie Gibson talking about this?

I find it truely frightening that anyone in their right mind would want the same party in the white house and in congress. Has NO ONE learned a blooming thing from the 6 years of Repubs holding both the House and the Senate AND the White House???

There are people that think such would be a good idea...all for voting out the incumbent, as long as the incumbent is a Republican.

Bev

--
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan